Hello everyone! I have been away for such a long time that honestly, I don’t even know where to begin. So much is happening, not just in life but also in my head! I remember I wrote my last post a few days back and I knew it then that I wouldn’t be able to do that again for the next few days. It made me sad and kind of anxious but I knew I had very little choice. Also, I guess I haven’t mentioned the fact that I moved to a new apartment in the last week of September. That would, I suppose give you a major idea as to why I have been missing from my blog. Well friends, that has just been the tip of the iceberg. Off course, that has kept me way busier than I ever thought it would but I have so many more things going on right now that I decided to list down the majority of those ‘things’. This would actually help me sort it out in my head and be more productive. After all, ‘life’ can never be an excuse for staying away from things that you love doing! After all, the season of buzz is here and I couldn’t be more excited!
Here it goes!
- The first and foremost thing that keeps me occupied these days is ‘unpacking-arranging-rearranging stuff’! Focus here is on the rearranging part. After I assign a particular shelf or drawer or a wall to something, why does it not have to be the absolute perfect spot for it?! (I am a major OCD/ perfectionist!)
- Most of the Indians reading this would know that Navratri is going on these days. I, for some reason, decided to observe all the fasts/ vrats this time during Navratras. Honestly, I don’t have much experience in this and I am taking baby steps. Food being my biggest gluttony, what better reason/ excuse to control my urges and not let it be the master of me!
- Apart from the constant struggle inside my head to keep my mind off food, every day is a new day for me to try and learn the recipes which are specific for these vrats. This involves frequent visits to the grocery store, almost everyday. And trying out new flours and ingredients. Kuttu ka atta, sama ke chawal, sabudana to name a few. Brainstorming and excitement everyday.
- A few days back I joined the WeightWatchers network. For those of you who do not know about it can google it. It is a healthier way to loose weight, eat healthy and maintain a moderate level of activity in your daily life. That involves monitoring my weight and tracking my food each day. That is definitely some work. If you haven’t done it yourself ever, take my word for it. Its not an easy feat!
- Now combine WeightWatchers with Navratras. Ughhh! I am wondering what did I get myself into! I can not afford to go over my daily allowed limit while trying to make vrat approved food! Quite a challenge there.
- There are so many ideas in my head about what to post next but it has become so jumbled and too much that I am actually stuck now. I need to sit down and untangle all the things I wanna write about, soon!
- I have recently developed seasonal allergy! With the change of season, I get uncountable sneezes, dull headache, heavy eyes and all the shabang. Not fun when you are trying to do up your home while dreaming of food, empty stomach! I am surviving on warm water and medicine.
That’s that! What’s happening in your lives these days? What’s interesting? Please share with us in the comments down below.
Till next time…