Hello everyone! Fall is almost here. The weather has started getting a bit colder and I am loving it! Last year was my first fall in the States and I absolutely enjoyed it. The colors that I saw just awed me. I could almost not believe the colors that I saw. Being in india all my life, I never saw the trees being any color apart from green and brown (in autumn). So when I saw those unimaginable colors on the trees last year, I was spellbound! And I fell in love with fall. So this year, I’ll be sure to share some of the fall pics with all of you too. Coming to today’s topic, you may be wondering that maybe I have mistakenly mentioned the wrong month in the title of this post. But I haven’t. I will admit though that I am about a month late in sharing with you all the contents of my August box. So read on to know what I received this time and why I really appreciate the service level of people at Birchbox.
So, I receive my Birchbox by the 10th of each month, without fail. And through those 10 days, I regularly keep receiving updates from Birchbox regarding the status of my box, the shipment etc. So, this particular month, I did not receive any shipment details. One day, while passing my mailbox, I noticed the Birchbox lying there. So at first glance, I noticed that something was not right. It felt different that usual. On further inspection, I noticed that the box was open. The seal/tape was loosely hanging there.
Another thing I forgot to mention earlier was that Birchbox also provides an option to see what you are going to receive in that month’s box. I did too. So when I opened my box, two of the products were missing too. So I immediately clicked a couple of pictures and contacted the Birchbox customer care regarding all this.
The very next morning, I received a revert from Birchbox apologising for all the mess. They assured me that they will be re-sending the box to me with the complete number of products that I was supposed to receive initially. And when I asked them about returning the box that I had received in the first place, they told me to keep it as a gift from them. Wow! I was really impressed with their quick revert and even quicker action. I received the box within the next 3-4 days.
Coming on to the contents of the box, as usual the products are amazing! Let us take a look at what all I received.
- Living Proof – No Frizz Nourishing Oil – This is a fast absorbing oil which fights flyaways and hydrates and smoothes hair. You can use it on wet or dry hair. This is a particular boon for curly haired girls like me! The formula is non sticky and smells oh-so-good! Definitely a must-have!
- Beauty Protector – Protect and Detangle – This is a best selling product and I swear by it! I have used this earlier also and is perfect to be used as a leave in conditioner. As i said earlier, I am a curly haired girl and this stuff is the bomb! I used this on my last trip to India as well and this was such a boon for those hot humid days! Oh and did I mention how wonderful it smells!?
- Stila – Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick – Patina – Oh my God! Why did I not have this earlier!? This shade is uh-mazing! And the formula? Uhh-mazing! This creamy liquid lipstick glides on like a dream. It glides on like a gloss yet lasts like a stain.
- Marcelle – BB Cream Golden Glow – This is a multitasking BB cream intended to give your skin a golden glow while controlling shine and masking imperfections. Well, to be honest I am blessed with combination skin *rolls eyes* and I am a little skeptical about this. The shade was a perfect match for me and I did not feel excessive shine in my T zone, but I am still testing this out. Will share my opinion on this one soon.
- Acure Organics – Coconut & Argan Oil Cleansing Towelettes – These are gentle and biodegradable, a fact which I love the most about these. They remove makeup and all the dead skin cells in one swipe only. I am going to repurchase these soon!
- Hum Nutrition | Raw Beauty Green Superfood Powder – This was a bonus in the August box. It is an energy boosting powder that harnesses raw organic greens, enzymes, and probiotics to support healthy skin. Sure seems like a pretty potent product! I haven’t tried this yet. Will let everyone know my opinion on this soon.
I would once again recommend the box to everyone here in the States. Only $10 per month and you get so many amazing samples!
Till next time…