Hello everyone! Today I am in the mood for some girly conversation. No food today, no food for thought today! I am going to share my experience and my views about Birchbox. If you don’t know what that is, please keep reading to know more!
Birchbox is an online monthly subscription service that sends its subscribers a box of four or five selected samples of makeup or other beauty related products. You can subscribe to this service for just $10! Can you believe it? I mean $10 for some really amazing brands is a very good bargain in my opinion! Sometimes, you even get full sized products. What’s more is that you can shop for beauty and skincare products from their site as well.
When you register for their monthly box on their site, you would be required to fill out a small questionnaire about your hair type, your skin type, or what kind of beauty related products do you usually shop for etc. they use this information when they customize the boxes for you every month. For example, since I have curly hair, I would never receive a hair product for straight hair. Get that!?
So after receiving the box for a couple of months now, I can assure you that those $10 would be some of the well spent money of you month, especially if you like trying out new beauty, skin and hair products. The brands that I have received so far have been really good. Benefit, Davine, Cartier, Coola, Whish, Jane Iredale, Laura Geller, Marcelle, Dr Lipp to name a few. Doesn’t that get you excited about it!
Honestly, I wasn’t much of a ‘makeup’ person till about 2 years back. But getting married and moving to the States gave me a lot of free time at hand. So somehow, I got sucked into the beauty wagon! And I am frikkin’ lovin’ it!
My July box!
So let me share with you what I received in this month’s Birchbox.
- Benefit Cosmetics They’re Real! Mascara! – This needs no introduction, does it!? This is one of the best mascaras I have ever used!
- Balance Me Radiance Face Mask – This is an amazing clay based face mask and helps in cleansing, exfoliating and brightening the skin. It is suitable for all skin types.
- Cartier Baiser Vole Lys Rose EDT – Oh so amazing! This is a sweet, subtle scent made from a cocktail of crystallized link lily petals and hints of raspberry.
- Clinique City Block Purifying Charcoal Cleansing Gel – Clinique is a well-known and trusted skin care and makeup brand. This gel is a detoxifying and cleansing gel with charcoal which helps in getting rid of dirt, oil and makeup.
- LOC Ultra gloss Lip Pencil in the shade Punch Line – LOC is a makeup line which is a collaboration between Birchbox and a well-known makeup-youtube-guru Tati Westbrook. I love her channel called GlamLifeGuru. This lip pencil is a hydrating glossy lip pencil in a sheer watermelon pink. I use is as a lip balm and needless to say, I love it!
So this was what all I received in my July’s Birchbox. Do check out there website here for more stuff!
I hope you enjoyed this post. Do share your experiences with Birchbox, if any.
Till next time…